1. Health

Richard N. Fogoros, M.D.

What To Do When Your CRP Is Elevated

By December 7, 2012

Ok, your doctor went and measured your CRP level - and it's high. Your doctor says that's not good - but when you ask what he/she is going to do about it, instead of an answer you get that deer-in-the-headlights stare, followed by a few muttered platitudes, and you realize: your doctor doesn't KNOW what to do about it. It turns out there are some good options. Read What To Do When Your CRP Is High.

Comments
January 28, 2009 at 9:43 am
(1) RM says:

The problem is first getting your doctor to check off the test when you get a blood test done. I’ve had to resort to checking it off myself when I forget to ask. I would have thought it would be fairly standard by now.

August 23, 2009 at 12:45 am
(2) smith says:

It is illegal to “check tests off” on a doctor’s order. It is the same as adding a medication to a prescription slip.

December 14, 2009 at 11:12 am
(3) Carolyn says:

I’m interested in whether CRP levels remain elevated for heart attack survivors?

November 29, 2010 at 12:22 pm
(4) Edo says:

December heart attack—foods rich in fats are abundant during this period. These fats impact the response of the endothelial cell’s ability to produce prostacyclin and thus control thromboxane. Additionally with lower light levels, the vitamin D levels are lower. Both of these cumulative effects may see a greater tendency to see microthrombi develop.

December 15, 2011 at 12:24 pm
(5) iqra says:

i feel pain in my heart and it is since from last 6 months when i get tense i feel pain in my heart but now my condition is so sweare that without any tension or worry my heart beat goes fast that it is hard to control on it and sometime when i m in worry or anxsious even in relax state i feel that my heart comes into my moth please some body help me i cannot go for the doctor because i have fear that may be he/she will give me list of madicen………. one thing more i want to mention i have stomach problem for 10 years i used medicen but doctor said it all because of tension my ageis 21 please help me

January 13, 2012 at 8:58 am
(6) Abdullah says:

Iqra, I’ve had chest pains and left side arm pain on off for months but it just seems to be anxiety. But really think you should see the doc they’ll measure your chest rate etc. you’re too young for heart problems. Do some relaxing exercises.

December 17, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(7) Penny says:

What is the correct numbers for CRP? I had mine taken with a 6.9 result….my doctor did not no anything about it…didn’t tell me what to do… I had to argue to get her to finally do a nuclear stress test by age 52 so I can at least have a baseline of my heart…she’s been fired my me.

I have Heart Disease on both sides of the family,. My dad and his brother both had triple bypasses done by the same surgeon. Dad had a heart attack before his…and a Medtronic unit that shocked him about a dozen times before he got to the hospital to get it turned off.

December 17, 2012 at 8:18 pm
(8) Penny says:

What is the correct range? Mine was 6.9 My doctor said nothing.

June 10, 2013 at 7:47 am
(9) Wendy says:

Iv been having blood tests done and I need to have another one done on the paper it says fibromyalgia raised crp of 11 on last reading but I have to have bloods taken because on the paper it says investigations requistedc- reactive protein esr could you please explain this to me thank you very much

July 25, 2013 at 10:24 am
(10) Charlotte says:

I had CRP checked when I presented with stomach cramps. It was 73.4! GP got me to go to a general specialist. Cramps had got better so the specialist wasn’t worried. I am 40yrs low bp, normal cholesterol. Should I still be worried and seek further opinions?